Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sometimes, you need to be a detective.

Life is settling down after all the varied experiences of Christmas and the Thirteen Holy Nights. To reconnect with my grandsons after having been away for five weeks, I first had the Blue-eyed Boy for the day, and then Curly-Locks.

The Blue-eyed Boy started complaining that his hands were itchy. I wondered why, and then remembered that when I visited the washroom I'd seen the toilet brush lying on the floor, out of its holder, lying on the floor. So I asked, "When you went to pee, did you touch the toilet brush? Because if you did, it's got chemicals on it."

Yes, I use an 'eco' cleaner, but still...

And yes, he's supposed to wash his hands each time, but I hadn't checked.

He answered, "I knocked it over by accident." Then he thought for a minute or two and admitted, "Maybe I did touch it."

Aha! So we washed his hands properly, put on some cream and all was well.

Sometimes we grown-ups need to be detectives!