Friday, November 11, 2011

Activities that make sense (yours, not the child's)

I've just been cleaning. Cleaning is satisfying and makes me feel good. Far more so than hitting the keyboard for hours while spinning thoughts in my mind. Well, it's different of course.

While we were away over the weekend we were fortunate enough to stay with good friends who own a lovely house. For some reason, what I noticed particularly was the spotless, shiny bathroom. My friend has a cleaning lady once a fortnight and she must be the best in the land!

We can't obsess about these things, but putting in even a small amount of good tidying and cleaning will helps the house spirits and they in turn can help us. We do what we can do. And what we do with our limbs works into the future, especially when you're dealing with young children.

I was thinking about this after that 'karmic' meeting I mentioned in the last post. The poor woman looked tired, and who could blame her. Sometimes, she said, it felt like all she did during the day was change diapers and wipe bums. But you know what? Even if that's all child care amounts to, at least the caregiver can go to sleep knowing that her or his actions have made sense. Give yourself credit, dear readers.