Thursday, April 28, 2011

Holding Your Baby

Today I want to do something a little different. This is, to post a very brief movie, taken when I was in the middle of giving a talk to parents. This will be the first of a short series on what I'll call Baby Basics, practical demonstrations of how to handle a little one. I'll file them under that BB term, as soon as I figure out how to file posts!

Why am I doing this? Because it strikes me that it's not always easy for parents to find out the techniques that used to be handed down from generation to generation. For instance, in a future little movie, I want to show you how to teach a baby to drink from a cup.


Now, there's one caveat I need to add that has to do with my post from yesterday. This is, don't hold a baby facing outwards if the weather is cold and there's a wind blowing. Of course, you wouldn't do this would you? Well, I know a certain PhD who did exactly that when the temperature was -30 and the weather was windy to boot.