Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Behaviour

Curly-Locks has a tummy bug, so I'll be going around there soon to take him a remedy. Yesterday I thought he didn't look 'right' and was a bit concerned. He wouldn't eat anything, and fortunately I didn't push. Sometimes I do, because sometimes the smallies need encouragement to eat. The trick is to know which to do when!

But I was thinking of the various factors that can affect a small child's behaviour. Certainly, they can act up when they're getting ill i.e. before there are any symptoms to warn you that this is the case. Yesterday, with 'what affects behaviour' as the question on my mind, I made a short list which I will share with you today, without much explanation (for the moment).

The onset of illness
What they've seen/experienced (other children's behaviour, adults ditto, TV if they come into contact with such images)
The phases of the moon (could extend this to all the planets' activity in fact)
The days of the week.
Lack of sleep
Overstimulation
Food

Tuesday after all is Mars day, so it brings that kind of energy. I'm going to ask a teacher to do a guest post for me at some stage to characterize the different energies the different days bring.

Now I'm going to be mercurial and whizz off. Till next time!