Sunday, June 5, 2011

Keeping your house spirits happy

I was going to write more about reincarnation, but will leave that for tomorrow. The thing is, I prefer to share with you what's living in my soul at this present moment. Kind of like a version of the Facebook question: What's on your mind? Although I don't really address that when I post there. I much preferred the old question of 'What are you doing right now?' (can't remember the exact wording).

Okay. So I want to talk today about tidying. Mostly this is because, last week, I didn't. All my energy was directed elsewhere and I decided 'no, I can't do that'. Now, usually, when the boys are here, I'm inclined to tidy bits and pieces as we go so the place doesn't get completely chaotic. And at the end of the afternoon, I sometimes manage to get them to help me put things away. In any case, before I go to bed I like to have my environment under control. Why? Because then the rooms welcome me in the morning.

Try it yourself. See if you feel the difference.

In the days when I first began to give daycare to the Blue-eyed Boy, and later for Curly-Locks, I'd prepare the space by laying out a few, carefully chosen toys on a low stool. They'd happily go and start playing. And, as a side note: in these days when children are inclined to have a bounty of toys, it's a good idea to 'disappear' some of them from time to time. Then they'll be discovered anew and with delight.

I think a tidy-ish house helps the unseen beings feel at peace and therefore, benevolent. Last night I did a push and really felt the difference when I came downstairs. Then I began a bit of cleaning, wiping with a damp sponge. Water, as we know, helps the (good) negative ions in the air. This is why our house spirits really like it when we clean in this way.

Now, it's not that I want to put a heavy trip on you. No. We can't always manage everything we'd like. I'd say it simply makes a difference if we're aware and consciously let this or that go. Then our house spirits will understand and cut us some slack.