Thursday, June 16, 2011

A Shortie

'A shortie' is what my parents in law used to call an extra, neat, small alcoholic drink when they felt like an extra boost of an evening. Sometimes, looking after the grandsons, I wish I were an alcohol drinker so I could sit down at sundown and enjoy a whisky. Still, I enjoy my teas.

However, that's by the way. Today I want to let you know I'm taking a long weekend writing break. You can look for me again towards the beginning of next week.

Meanwhile, remember your role as guardian and protector. In these hot summer days (cold winter ones in the southern hemisphere) you'll be doing your children a big favour if you remember to make sure they wear a head covering when out of doors. Yes, remember to keep them protected from heat and cold, and too much inpouring of the cosmic forces.

Asta la vista, and auf wiedersehn.