Monday, May 2, 2011

Angel guidance

I was going to call this post 'karma or coincidence' and you'll soon see why. But then I thought a little further...

Yesterday their parents took the Blue-eyed boy and Curly Locks on a seven kilometre hike. Yes, they had to carry Curly Locks a bit of the way, but the Blue-eyed boy managed fine. And of course, there were many sidetracks and interesting things to be explored on the way, like, for instance, trees that had fallen down during the high winds we experienced last week. The boys were fascinated by the exposed roots as well as many other things. They love being out in nature and nothing could be better for them.

Before I go any further with this anecdote, I need to share a little history. Sadly, Curly-Locks's nursery school had to close some weeks ago and he had to leave his beloved teacher. She is leaving very soon to fly out west. So, whom did they meet as they arrived at the parking spot, one which was the furthest possible for this hike? Yes, you guessed it. Curly-Locks's teacher. Call it coincidence if you like.

Our feet bring us to our karma, as I'm sure you'll agree if you think about your life for a bit. But more than that, we can wonder, how does it happen? Who guides us in such meetings? I suggest it's our angels, and sometimes our children's angels. And I believe it's good if we can try to be aware of such things. Yes, help is at hand! But it may not be immediately obvious.

When I was on the hunt for a good nursery school for Miranda (she was four years old), a friend arranged for us to have an interview at an exclusive and well-regarded kindergarten. Off we went, Miranda carrying a small purse in imitation of her mum. We met the director. She rejected us.

Now, rejection is never pleasant although those of us who are authors, artists, or in any creative field, have to learn to accept and deal with it... even if it always stings. I wondered if it had anything to do with that little handbag, but who knows? However, the result was that I continued my search, and then, through 'coincidence' found the perfect place for our small daughter, a place where she blossomed.

The rejecting director did us a favour. Sometimes I need to remind myself to trust.

Now, a couple of notes re the above. Imitation in small children is a good thing, and one we can use to good purpose in many ways. I'll be blogging about that sometime in the future.

If you think a picture is worth a thousand words, and want to get an idea of how the angels work to lead us to the right place at the right time, I recommend viewing the Wim Wenders film 'Wings of Desire'.