Monday, October 15, 2012

A broken promise

Here below is a link for you. But it's not the one I had in mind, which I can't find right now. The trouble is, I got involved with other writing instead of posting right away. My apologies.

https://apps.facebook.com/theguardian/society/2012/oct/09/childrens-health-screen-time

But there's a lesson here, one I've mentioned before. It's often better not to tell children what you intend in case matters take you in a different direction. For example, if you say, 'After lunch we'll go for a walk', and then something happens that means you can't do this, it's a letdown for the child. An unnecessary one, which can lead to undesirable results. I mean, maybe your toddler will throw a tantrum and then the whole household is upset.

This week, due to other writing duties, I'll be posting less often. So, no promises today!